|photo by Matt Ryall|
All month long I was looking forward to receiving my first Reverb11 prompt in my e-mail inbox on Dec. 1. Then last night I learned that wasn't going to happen. Gwen Bell, one of the Reverb creators, sent a message to all of us reverbers saying she wouldn't be hosting #Reverb11 this year. The party was over. And I was heartbroken, but only for a few seconds.
In her email Gwen Bell encouraged us to start Reverb11 projects of our own and so I decided to do just that.
For those of you wondering what the heck is a Reverb, let me explain. It started last year as Reverb10. We participating bloggers received a prompt each day in December that encouraged us to reflect on the past year and manifest great things for the year to come.
So I spent some time today coming up with 31 prompts. If you're a blogger I hope you will join me, answer these questions for yourself (one each day or perhaps just a few over the course of the month if you prefer) and post your reflections on your blog and then copy a link to your post in the comments section of my posts so I can read what you have to say. And be sure to tweet your posts too using the hashtag #reverb11.
1. Where did 2011 begin?
2. What three words capture 2011? What three words describe how you feel about 2012?
3. When were you most grateful?
4. When did you struggle?
5. What lessons did you learn this year?
6. What goals for 2011 did you accomplish?
7. What goals for the year did you fail to meet?
8. Looking back on this year, what would you do differently?
9. How did you have fun this year?
10. Where did you visit?
11. How did you celebrate and take care of your body this year?
12. What or whom did you let go of this year? Why?
13. Write about a time this year when you gave up.
14. Write about a time this year when you persevered.
15. Which blogs did you enjoy most this year?
16. Oprah asks you to write an article on your favorite things of 2011. What are they?
17. What were your favorite songs of the year?
18. What books did you read?
19. What movies did you see?
20. How did you build community this year?
21. What new friendships blossomed in your life this year?
22. Who did you miss?
23. Who do you want to attract into your life in 2012?24. What things added beauty to your life this year?
25. How did you add beauty to the lives of others?
26. What are 12 things your life doesn't need in 2012? How will you eliminate them?
27. What are 12 things you want to add to your life in 2012?
28. What new strengths did you discover about yourself this year?
29. How did your spirituality transform this year?
30. Write a letter to your future self.
31. Where do you hope to be on Jan 1, 2013?