Wednesday, September 24, 2014
For this month's issue of See Jane Write Magazine I interviewed author and poet TJ Beitelman about his writing process and his latest novel John the Revelator. TJ is one of my co-workers at the Alabama School of Fine Arts, one of my favorite writers and one of my favorite people.
TJ (pictured above) also blogs and on his blog has a feature he calls 30 Things I Love Right Now.
So I decided to give it a try.
In addition to working with talented people like TJ, here are 30 things I love right now.
(1) Tacos. | (2) My lunch bunch at work. | (3) Brach's marshmallow pumpkins. | (4) #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso. | (5) Talking to other women about their dreams. | (6) Essie nail polish. | (7) See Jane Write's new website. | (8) Birmingham. | (9) Almond tea at Urban Standard. | (10) Giggling with girlfriends in coffee shops. | (11) Brunch. | (12) Women Business Leaders. | (13) Running the Lakeshore Trail. | (14) Beyonce's latest album. Still. | (15) Goddess by Banks. | (17) Pretending to be a real professional by using my LinkedIn account. | (18) Blogging. | (19) Reading other people's blogs. | (20) Dreaming. | (21) Writing a column for B-Metro. | (22) Cooking salmon for husband every Sunday.| (23) My red shoes. | (24) Maxi dresses. | (25) Being a happy feminist. | (26) Finding other happy feminists on the Internet. | (27) Fancy Love fragrance by Jessica Simpson. | (28) Being childfree. | (29) Being free. | (30) Being me.
Friday, September 12, 2014
|I met this lovely lady -- PR diva Candie Price -- at a blogging conference last month. |
As you can see we became buds instantly. So I was elated to see her at this month's WBL meeting.
1. Women Business Leaders. On Saturday, I joined Women Business Leaders, a networking group for professional women of faith. I plan to write an in-depth post about the group before its next meeting in hopes that some of you Birmingham babes will join me.
2. Alabama feminists. The University of Alabama student newspaper The Crimson White reports that my alma mater is now home to the UA Feminist Caucus!
Upcoming events include a “Feminism Is for Everybody” panel discussion. I might have to take a trip to T-Town to check this out!
3. Supporting fellow woman writer and entrepreneur Carrie Rollwagen. Carrie, the owner of a local coffee shop and book store, has written a book about the importance of supporting local businesses and she's launched a Kickstarter campaign to get the book published. I consider it a privilege to be a backer of such an important project. Watch the video above to learn more and then pledge your support too!
4. Feminist Wednesday. I can't believe I'm just now learning about FeministWednesday.com, but I'm so glad I recently stumbled upon the feminist storytelling site. Go check it out now and thank me later.
|Princess of the Press!|
5. And thanks to NPR I also learned about another awesome site this week -- Rejected Princesses. Produced by Jason Porath, Rejected Princesses is a series of illustrations of women whose stories wouldn’t make the cut for animated movies, or has he says "women too awesome, awful, or offbeat for kids' movies."
What made you a happy feminist this week?