Lamentations 3:22-23 reads: "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
That Scripture certainly rang true this morning. There's something about turning the calendar to a new month that makes me feel as if I have a fresh start. I guess that's why I love New Year's Eve and New Year's Day so much, too.
This morning I hit the reset button. For me, January was a pretty mediocre month. I didn't work toward my goals with true gumption and grit. Don't get me wrong, plenty of great stuff happened last month. I hosted two successful See Jane Write events, launched my e-course How to Write and Have a Life, and my blog landed me a spot on a local television show. I also spent quality time with many of my best girlfriends, including a girls weekend in at Atlanta where I participated in the Hot Chocolate 5K.
|Will run for chocolate!|
But there's so much on January my to-do list that remains undone. I slacked on my morning ritual, I slacked on exercise, I slacked on cleaning, I slacked on blogging, and I slacked on building my business. Also, I didn't spend time as much time with my family or my husband as I would have liked.
But this new month brings new mercies. I get to try again. We all do.
Here are my intentions for February:
- Better promote my e-course through blogging, social media, television appearances, features on popular websites, networking and speaking engagements.
- Write in my prayer journal daily.
- Streamline and strengthen my online presence
- See Melissa Harris-Perry on my birthday. (Yes, that's actually going to happen!)
- Improve my eating habits.
- Walk/run 100 miles.
- Clean up my hard drive.
- Buy a new phone and more iCloud storage (The struggle is real).
- Clean and wash my car (It's so gross).
- File my taxes (Taxes are gross, too).
- Recycle 2014 magazines.
- Organize my closet, drawers, journals, makeup and toiletries.
- Have a girls day out with my mom.
- Have a great Valentine's Day weekend with my husband.
- Attend TEDxBirmingham as an senior educator fellow.
What are your goals for February?