|Image by Asja Boros via Flickr/Creative Commons|
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you need an editorial calendar. In a way a publishing schedule can serve as writing prompts. It's Tuesday night and you're not sure what to write for the next day. Just check your editorial calendar. It will help you focus on a specific topic which will help you come up with an idea much sooner than you would if you decided to just kill time on Twitter for a minute or two or two hundred.
So here is my new editorial calendar, or as I like to call it, My Writeous Week:
- Monday Motivation -- quotes from famous writers or personal stories that aim to offer encouragement to my fellow writers, bloggers, artists, and dreamers.
- Tuesday -- Life as a Birmingbelle (my clever little term for a modern belle in Birmingham. Y'all know I love making up words for nicknames). This will be my time to show off my city by highlighting a local event or profiling a woman who is working hard to make Birmingham a better place for other women.
- Wednesday -- Writer Wisdom. These posts will offer practical advice for writers and bloggers, through tips gathered from either my own experience or from other writers and bloggers.
- Thursday -- Social Media Day. These posts will run the gamut, but will be in someway related to blogging and/or social media.
- Friday -- My Writeous Weekend: These posts will give me another opportunity to write about what's going on in my city as I will chat a bit about my plans for the weekend, but the post will mostly be devoted to sharing links to interesting articles I think you writer-types and blogging babes should read while you have a couple days away from the day job.
What's your editorial calendar for your blog?