|I met this lovely lady -- PR diva Candie Price -- at a blogging conference last month. |
As you can see we became buds instantly. So I was elated to see her at this month's WBL meeting.
1. Women Business Leaders. On Saturday, I joined Women Business Leaders, a networking group for professional women of faith. I plan to write an in-depth post about the group before its next meeting in hopes that some of you Birmingham babes will join me.
2. Alabama feminists. The University of Alabama student newspaper The Crimson White reports that my alma mater is now home to the UA Feminist Caucus!
Upcoming events include a “Feminism Is for Everybody” panel discussion. I might have to take a trip to T-Town to check this out!
3. Supporting fellow woman writer and entrepreneur Carrie Rollwagen. Carrie, the owner of a local coffee shop and book store, has written a book about the importance of supporting local businesses and she's launched a Kickstarter campaign to get the book published. I consider it a privilege to be a backer of such an important project. Watch the video above to learn more and then pledge your support too!
4. Feminist Wednesday. I can't believe I'm just now learning about FeministWednesday.com, but I'm so glad I recently stumbled upon the feminist storytelling site. Go check it out now and thank me later.
|Princess of the Press!|
5. And thanks to NPR I also learned about another awesome site this week -- Rejected Princesses. Produced by Jason Porath, Rejected Princesses is a series of illustrations of women whose stories wouldn’t make the cut for animated movies, or has he says "women too awesome, awful, or offbeat for kids' movies."
What made you a happy feminist this week?