I am a dreamer.
My heart is filled with so many aspirations that sometimes I can't sleep at night. Sometimes I can't even sit still.
This summer those dreams grew even bigger and brighter. There are several women in my life who caused my dreams to flourish and they don't even know it: Alexis Barton whose talk at the See Jane Write Bloganista Mini-Conference has helped me stop being a blogger who doesn't blog; Marla and Marcia Pruitte who reminded me that fortune favors the bold; Stephanie Donegan who has helped me to no longer feel like wealth is out of my reach and who shut down my belief that we dreamers were meant to be poor; Chanda Temple who has encouraged me to be a boss and to look good while doing so; and Megan LaRussa Chenoweth who makes me want to dress smart and be a smart business woman too.
As so as a new month begins, so does a new path. All my intentions for August are steps toward realizing the big, bright, bold and beautiful dreams that keep me up at night and give me reason to get out of bed.
My August Intentions
- Kick off the school year with a great attitude.
- Host a TED-inspired professional development day for my colleagues.
- Attend WordCamp Birmingham.
- Get 31 women to join See Jane Write or renew their membership.
- Blog for Birmingham Restaurant Week.
- Publish new blog posts 3 to 5 days a week.
- Post once a week on BlogHer.com.
- Start on my e-book.
- Read #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso.
- Read Without Saying a Word by Monica Barnett.
- Pitch stories to two of my favorite publications.
- Work on my elevator pitch.
- Start training for my third half-marathon.
- Try Shaun T's T25 (even though I feel as if I'm cheating on Jillian Michaels by doing so).
What are your goals for August?